Our Services / Musculoskeletal Injuries
Musculoskeletal injuries constitute the largest class of athletic injuries sustained in sports.
What is a musculoskeletal injury?
Any injury that occurs to a skeletal muscle, tendon, ligament, joint or blood vessel that services skeletal muscle or any related tissue is a musculoskeletal injury.
How we can help
All of our Physios have training in the assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal conditions, particularly back pain and neck pain. They employ the most advanced techniques and their results are sometimes instantaneous.
Apart from providing rapid pain relief, there are a number of other important ways that our Physiotherapists can help. These include:
- Identifying exactly what's wrong with your back, neck or other areas of the body because they're trained to diagnose the specific causes of body pain.
- Teaching you exercises that will help with the cure or the prevention of your problem.
By identifying the factors that led to your problem in the first place, our Physios can advise you how to avoid musculoskeletal problems in the future. Possessing advanced skills including pain management our Physios offer a broader range of treatment options than other health professionals. As a result, they are in the best position to improve your overall strength, mobility and co-ordination.
What is involved?
- Your medical history is reviewed
- You have a thorough physical examination
- You are diagnosed accurately and your questions are answered
- You are treated to relieve pain and regain movement
- You are taught techniques to use at home to manage your problem
- You are referred for alternative treatment if Physiotherapy is not the best option
Your Physio will work with you to develop an action plan for future management of your problem. The plan will give you a realistic estimate of the number and frequency of treatments you are likely to need and outline what to do at home and/or work to help speed up your progress.
No referral is necessary to consult our Physios.
How much does it cost?
The cost is €55 for an appointment, which will run from 30-40 minutes.
Can we help you? Please click here for an appointment