Our Services / Sports Injuries
Any Chartered Physiotherapist can treat a sports injury, but at The Physio Company we believe that ‘just’ treating the condition is not enough. You have to really understand sport to properly treat and manage a sports injury.
We just love sport!
If you do not know the pressures a specific sport puts on your body, then how can you properly treat an injury and provide accurate advice on return to action! We know, understand and participate in sports ourselves, so if your passion is running, rugby, football, golf, tennis, hockey, basketball, martial arts or even dancing, we know about it; understand the biomechanics of it, and; are confident that we can provide a lasting solution to your pain.
We have many years of experience in providing treatment to many athletes. We use the same up to date rehabilitation principles and dynamic approach that we use with all our musculoskeletal patients and apply them to benefit sportspeople. So whether you’re an elite international athlete or weekend warrior, or just simply one of the many who don’t get to exercise nearly as much as they’d like! We can help.
What is a sports injury?
A sports injury is a traumatic or overuse injury that has occurred during the participation in sport or exercise. The most commonly occurring sports injuries are sprains and strains, knee injuries, swollen muscles, achilles tendon injuries, pain along the shin bone, fractures and dislocations. Sports injuries left untreated almost always lead to further more complex and chronic complications down the line.
At The Physio Company we believe that ‘just’ treating the condition it not enough. Identifying causes and contributing factors is crucial to not only getting you better but in meeting our aim to get you back to your chosen activity stronger and more capable than ever!
We can help, if you...
- Injure yourself or experience pain or discomfort during sport
- Repeatedly re-injure yourself or the same body part
- Have poor postural or movement control that hinders your performance
- Wish to return to sport as soon as possible
- Wish to be treated by a chartered physio that talks your language
Why choose us?
Your body is important, so choose carefully who you choose to treat it.
Our Physios are highly qualified and trained in the assessment and treatment of all types of sports injuries. They have a comprehensive knowledge of biomechanics, tissue pathology and tissue healing. Do not forget that it’s Chartered Physiotherapists (and not any other profession) that play an integral part in the treatment, rehabilitation and injury prevention of professional athletes in sporting teams and organisations such as the Irish Rugby and Soccer teams.
Our skills and expertise include
- Sport specific functional rehabilitation techniques
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue techniques
- Biomechanical assessment of movement
- Gait analysis
- Sports orthotic prescription
- Exercise prescription for rehabilitation and prevention of injury
- Taping to protect injured tissues and joints
- Sports massage before or after the big run or game
- Assessment and treatment of postural and movement dysfunctions
How much does it cost?
The cost is €55 for an appointment, which will run from 30-40 minutes.
Can we help you? Please click here for an appointment